Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Proofreading Test

So today momma's editor, Amy, sent me a proofreading test to test my literate abilities. If I did well, I'll get to be her assistant editor!! (EXCITING!!) The test was in two parts, one short story and then a list of sentences that I had to correct or write "Correct" if there was nothing wrong with them. Some of it was a bit confusing and there were a few times I would have to stare at a sentence for a few minutes thinking, "I know there's something wrong with this sentence, it doesn't sound right... I just can't figure it out."



If I get this job, we won't be rich but our little household can stop panicking and living paycheck to paycheck (A constant worry that looms over our heads). I have a good feeling about it and Amy seems like a really awesome person to work for. After some thinking, I can see myself being an editor for the rest of my life. Of course I will still pursue my own creative projects on the side, this job will also give me a lot of free time depending on how fast I finish the books Amy assigns me. I can't wait to gather my own clients as well!! :D

4 comments: