Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Blogging at the Speed of (Actual) Internet!



Today I got a letter in the mail from Centurylink saying I owe them $280. (Another story for another day) While sitting there on the phone with the Centurylink Customer Service Rep. I found out two things. CenturyLink Customer Service is not to far from useless and yet another provider cannot service my area.

This small fact set me on a quest to find out who could service my little RV. Down the list I went receiving "No" left and right (Started to remind me of work). Finally in a last ditch effort, I called AT&T. It wasn't like I didn't like them, it was just the website I was looking at had placed them last on the list. I called up their internet department and waited on hold for a good 10 minutes as usual before I got in touch with a human being.

"I'm sorry, sir... what did you say?"

"I said we could be out there by Tuesday, the 16th."

"Like Tuesday-you-can-service-an-RV?"

"Ummm... Yes Ma'am"

Hallejulah!! The internet Gods (Jesus) have smiled on me today and I am officially going to have highspeed internet (6 mbps) by Tuesday, the 16th. I feel like a colony in the dark ages that just discovered how to make electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment