Monday, April 8, 2013

Poor Man's Potato Salad

At the begining of every week, our little RV is always short on groceries. With shopping day usually on a Tuesday or Wednesday (My usual off-day) I seem to find myself searching the cabinets frantically for something to conjure up for a meal. I'm sure most stay-at-home Chefs know the pain of opening the fridge and cabinets and finding only mayonaise, milk and bread.

After some scrambling I managed to come up with some potatoes and a carton of eggs. It started out at potatoes and eggs but after mixing them together it still didn't seem like enough. I mashed up the potatoes with the eggs, threw in two cans of tuna, a couple scoops of mayonaise with italian spices and WHAM!! I had created Poor Man's Potato Salad!!

Minutes after I had finished Brandon arrived with two surprise guests, the new neighbors from two lots down. Not wanting to be rude, I dished out portions of our humble meal. I silently prayed there would be enough for everyone, feeling a lot like Jesus breaking a loaf of bread and feeding thousands. I guess miracles really do happen, for there just happened to be enough to fill every plate. (With a little extra for later)

All in all I say it was a meal success that I'll have to remember for a future dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment