Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Farmville Adventure



Shortly after our new move, Brandon asked me to head over to Home Depot (The only shopping center within walking distance) and get some quarters for laundry. He was busy working out so I was allowed to go alone (First big mistake). As soon as I walked through the doors of Home Depot I was struck with awe by all the pretty (And Cheap!) flowers scattering the entrance.

Not wanting the embarrassment of walking up to Customer Service just to ask for some change, I headed over to the Garden Department. Who knows? Maybe some greenery would help liven up our new deck. Most of the bigger plants were around $10 but there was an annual sale off the smaller flowers. .50 cents per plant was a bargin and I wound up walking to the register with 3 Marigolds (Two orange, one yellow) and two red Silvia flowers.

The boyfriend had no complaints so I plopped my bag on the porch to go to work. Although, being an impulse buy, I hadn't really thought my purchase through. The flowers would need to be planted in the ground (Our landlord didn't want any random digging) or in a pot. Luckily one of my passing neighbors offered six of her pots that she was going to throw away. With that down I encountered my next challenge... Potting Soil. It was off to Dollar General before I could begin.

The rest was a learning experience, but I won't bore you with the details. I wound up being half a pot of soil short (So I still have to run out and get that later) but I figure my work is finished for now.

How do they look? Can you guess the color scheme I chose for my flowers? I'll give you a hint, they're Brandon's favorite football team.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog, honey! Thank you so much for starting it. I love reading about your adventures in the Emberstream!

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad! It's my own little way to keep in touch with the family and keep yall up to date on what's going on in Pensacola! Love you to!!

      Delete
  3. I think you need to send this out to all the family... dad, luanne, glory, pat, cathy, john, katy, dakota, aaron, your mom, ryan.

    It is really good and an email reminder when you post something would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I fixed it, I added a "Follow by Email" section in the top right of the page. I already let Grandpa and Nana know but Grandpa didn't know what a Blog was and Mema sends me emails on it but doesn't have a google account to comment so I'm making her one.

      Delete