Sunday, April 21, 2013

Following Kyra's Blog by Email

Dad brought up a really good point to me yesterday. He asked if there was any way he could get an email reminder every time I posted. This morning I logged on and added a new widget to my blog, Following by email.



It's really easy to use, all you have to do is enter your email into the search bar and then click submit. After that the following window should pop up -->



Type in the code at the bottom and click submit, you should see this screen then prompting you to check your email for a confirmation.



This is to prevent spammers from... umm... Subscribing to my posts? Silly Google and their silly confirmation emails. Click over to your email and you should see a message like this, open it.



After you open it, click the link inside the email. This should bring you to a final page...



And you're finished!! That long and complicated process (Which really isn't all that long or complicated) allows you to receive an email anytime I post something new on here. Don't feel pressured to do it though, this blog is only for my family to read and I'm not pushing for numbers or clicks. It's just a helpful thing to send you a reminder whenever I post if you want it to.

3 comments: