Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Online Game Hunting

With the depression of my recent unemployment starting to sink in, it's once again time to search for an Online Game to play with my little brothers (On their brand new speedy computers). Since Childhood, the three of us have always agreed that it would be AWESOME if we could all play an online game together as a family. It's so much more fun playing with your siblings than randoms that laugh and joke about weird stuff and talk the "N3RDZ" talk.

In our younger days, the three of us used to stay up late at Dad's house. We formed a union called "The Council of Three" of "Kidtown". We even had our own currency which was made up of lego pieces. One of the Council of Three's favorite pastimes for when "The Father" was asleep was to sneak onto Kyra's computer to play World of Warcraft. We had our own guild (Or Club of sorts) called "Reaper's Inc." and we would farm gold, swap gear and level up in our own completely self-sufficient world (of Warcraft). However, we never could play together as I only had one computer at the time and one account. So of course our first choice to try will be "World of Warcraft" - Something fun to play together after school after homework's finished and I'm done with work.



Our second choice could be LOTRO or Lord of the Rings Online. This was the first online game we "Kinda" got to play together. By "kinda" I mean we started a kinship (Or club) called "Second Breakfast" and tried to play together but everyone was all different levels so it never really worked out. By the time we all met up, we were already bored of the game.



Another possibility could be the everyone loving Minecraft. Despite the blocky appearance, Minecraft is a game where you can build, battle monsters and have fun. We used to create our own maps and worlds on here when I had my own Minecraft Server but that no longer exists. To play this again, I would have to set up another server which can be a lot of work... but still, it was a lot of fun when we did.



Although none of us have played it yet, the new online game Guild Wars 2 was just released. I'm not sure if it's any good but the graphics are phenomenal. This however would cost a lot of money up front... and frankly, none of us have money. :D



There are definitely a lot of options and all of them have their pros and cons. I'm not looking for anything to get addicted too but just something fun to do in my offtime with my little brothers, help keep in touch. Plus I need some sort of hobby to keep my depressed self busy... and Chief already destroyed all my flowers. You never know, we might end up picking up something a little more relaxed.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you specified AFTER homework... some of the midgets need no distractions ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know. I want to spend time with them but I also don't want them to get addicted and lose sight of important things like school :P

      Delete
  2. hmmm... what's this about "after the Father was asleep?" :)

    ReplyDelete