Friday, April 19, 2013

Brandon's Sick Day



This morning I woke up earlier than usual to someone weakly shaking me and whispering, "Kyra, Kyra... Please wake up.I threw up and I don't feel so good." I'd like to say at this time my emergency instincts kicked in... but in reality, I was still rubbing my eyes and grouching, "You did what? Why're you waking me up..?" After further explanation and an imaginary cup of coffee, I realized Brandon had caught the flu from his Assistant Manager.

Luckily we were slightly prepared for an outbreak in our little camper. Before we had left Fort Walton, Mom had givenus a first aid kit as a precautionary tool. I remembered this when wandering through the house to find a thermometer. Inside I found many things I hadn't expected, glowsticks, tweezers and even medicine tablets. I searchedthrough the motrins and tylenols before I ffound something that would fix at least one of his symptoms. Paired with a heat pack and a nap, I'm hoping he'll be well enough to go to work today. Even Cheif lays faithfully athis feet hoping for him to get better soon so he can take him on more walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment